The best baked oatmeal (with greek yoghurt!)

maj 03, 2016



That's a bit daring, putting "the best" in the title about a simple baked oatmeal, huh? Well, I actually thnk tis IS the best oatmeal. And judging by reactions of my family when I served this I am not the only one.

I actually wanted to make regular amish baked oatmeal like this one or this one with homemade soy milk, but something went wrong in the process of making soymilk and it curdled. I found that out when I already prepared the oatmeal halfway, so I had to find a quick solution. And I thought of greek yoghurt sitting in my fridge minding its own business. Since oats and greek yoghurt pair well outside the oven, I thought: why not bake them?

This baked oatmeal is rich, dense, but also soft and bursting with flavour! I wanted to put cubed apples in it, but forgot (you can see from this recipe how disorganized I am - I'll have to work on that!), so I served it topped with grape jam I made last summer from our grapes. It was a match made in heaven! You could use raspberry or strawberry or any jam you like in place of grape jam. Or even some fruit compote or ice cream!



1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1 cup greek yoghurt 

Preheat oven to 200 °C/400 °F. Grease a small ceramic or glass mold with butter.

In a medium bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.

In a large bow mix together the eggs and sugar with a fork, then add yoghurt and mix some more. 

Add the oats to the eggs mixture and stir to combine.

Pour the mixture into prepared casserole mold and put it in the preheated oven. Now set the temperature to 180 °C/350 °F and bake the oatmeal for 35 minutes.

Serve warm with fruit jam, fresh fruit or fruit compote.



  

You Might Also Like

0 komentarji

Preberi tudi

Subscribe